COMPETENCY BASED PROGRAM
In today’s fierce business environment, organisations have realised that the key to success lies in the ability of the people and their willingness to perform to their best potential. Consequently, various techniques have been developed over the years for effective HR management.
Competency models have become one of the most important of these techniques. Competency models help to identify the skills and competencies that people need in order to fulfil their role successfully. They provide a common framework for assessing capabilities and performance.
Competencies are defined as “areas of personal capability that enables people to perform successfully in their jobs by completing tasks effectively”. Accelerating Organisation performance is one of the main objectives that lead any organisation introducing Competency-Based Approach framework.
The benefits of using Competency-Based Approach framework are:
- Increases the likelihood of hiring people who will succeed in the job.
- Enables people to focus on the skills, knowledge, and characteristics that have the most impact on effectiveness.
- Ensures that training & development opportunities are aligned with organisational values and strategies.
- Provide a shared understanding of what will be monitored and measured in an appraisal system.
- Focuses and facilitates the performance appraisal discussion.
- It can be used for succession planning as it provides a method to assess candidates readiness for a higher role and focuses training & development plans to address missing competencies.
OUR CONSULTATION INCLUDES:
- Conduct review of organization’s strategy (vision, mission statement and strategic approach) to extract Organisation’s Critical Success Factors, which are then filtered into Result Areas, Competencies and Core Values.
- Once Competencies are identified, the consultant shall establish: the Competency Framework that include:
- Competency Definition for each Competency.
- Key Behaviour Indicators for each Competency.
- Design Competency Level Rating Scale.
- Full write up of Competency Based Framework.
Additional consultations in this subject include (Additional Fees Apply):
- Competency-Based Selection Process
- Competency-Based Performance Management
- Competency-Based Succession Planning